This White Chocolate Chex Mix is a cross between Puppy Chow and Lucky Charms. It is pretty and delicious, and makes for a fun treat!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (I love the Guittard brand in the blue bag)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, salted or unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Lucky Charms cereal, marshmallows seperated
- 6 cups Chex cereal (I like rice and/or corn Chex)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl combine the cereal pieces from the Lucky Charms and the Chex (leave the Lucky Charm marshmallows out for now).
- In a medium microwave safe bowl add the white chips, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla. Microwave on medium power until the chips are melted, about 2 minutes (stirring every 30 seconds). Pour this mixture over the cereal and stir well to combine.
- Let the Chex mix cool for a minute or two and then add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and stir well to combine. Let the mixture finish cooling, about 10 minutes, and then add the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar (this last little bit will make the Chex mix more white and won’t absorb into the chocolate as much). Stir in the Lucky Charm marshmallows and enjoy!
If you are planning on serving this later in the day or even the next day leave the marshmallows out until you are ready to serve. They start to absorb the moisture in the mix and get soft if you leave them over night.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 33.8g
- Sodium: 276.3mg
- Fat: 19.8g
- Carbohydrates: 63.5g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 20.3mg
Keywords: Snack, Lucky Charms, Chex Mix, St. Patrick's Day