These White Chocolate Ginger Cookies are full of flavor and perfect for the holidays! This easy Christmas cookies recipe is comforting and delicious!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling, about 1/2 cup
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, and allspice. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the molasses and egg and stir well to combine. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the crystallized ginger. Let the dough chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After the dough has chilled, form it into large 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll each ball in additional granulated sugar and then place on the baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to lightly flatten each cookie dough ball. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the centers are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before dipping them in chocolate.
- In a medium bowl melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is melted completely but isn’t too hot to touch, dip the bottom of each cookie in the chocolate and then place it on waxed paper until the chocolate sets. Store extra cookies in an air-tight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger cookies recipe, chocolate cookies, white chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies recipe, holiday cookies recipe, easy christmas cookies recipe, best christmas cookies recipe