This easy White Bean Chicken Chili recipe is ready in no time and is the perfect warming soup after a long day! You'll love this creamy white chicken chili!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn frozen corn kernels
- 1 can diced Hatch green chilis (8 ounces in your heat preference)
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cream, half-and-half, or evaporated milk
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional shredded cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, hot sauce, and/or chopped cilantro for serving
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and poblano pepper, and cook until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir until the chicken is mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt, and stir to combine. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, beans, corn, and green chilis. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream (or half-and-half or evaporated milk).
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with your choice of toppings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chicken chili, easy chicken chili, white bean chili, crockpot chicken chili, best chicken chili