How to make a gorgeous Valentine’s Day chocolate and cheese board that’s perfect for a party or just right for a night in.
- cheese – I used aged Cheddar (I used a white Seriously Sharp from Cabot), Swiss, pepper Jack, medium cheddar, and a little hunk of leftover blueberry goat cheese
- peach jalapeno jam
- whole grain mustard
- assorted crackers (I love Milton crackers for cheese boards – great gluten-free crackers, too)
- chocolate fondue
- fruit such as sliced apples, strawberries, blueberries, or bananas
- things to dip in chocolate fondue such as angel food cake, pretzels, marshmallows, pound cake, gummy bears
- Valentine’s sweets such as heart-shaped gummies, individual chocolates, chocolate-covered strawberries, cookies
- cheese knives
- Place your cheeses on your board. Feel free to pre-slice one or two of the cheeses if you desire.
- Place condiments (jam and mustard) in small serving bowls (bonus points if the dishes are festive or heart-shaped!) and place on board.
- Place the chocolate fondue opposite of the condiments
- Place crackers and cheese accompaniments around the cheeses.
- Place fondue dippables around the chocolate.
- Add fruit and chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Fill in the gaps with candies and other treats.
- Garnish with candies and small seasonal items.
- Serve right away.
- Thomas bought these very inexpensive cheese knives for my stocking one Christmas, and I love them! I use a few nice boards and these knives over and over again.
- Find heart-shaped bowls and treats as well as treats that are traditional Valentine’s colors (like reds and pinks) to make everything feel more festive.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Valentine's, cheese, cheese board, charcuterie, chocolate, easy desserts, chocolate desserts, Valentine's appetizer ideas