Pretty in Pink Valentine’s Popcorn that is quick, easy and perfect for a party.
- 10 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped kernels or so)
- 2 cups small conversation hearts
- 2 cups large conversation hearts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup mini sugar heart sprinkles
- In a large bowl mix the popcorn and conversation hearts together and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Stirring often let the mixture boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, and food coloring. Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn mixture in the bowl and stir well until everything is evenly coated. Turn the mixture onto waxed paper and then sprinkle on the heart sprinkles before the coating cools. Let the popcorn cool completely before enjoying.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. This lasts a few days but is better eaten on the first day you made it.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 38.5g
- Sodium: 287mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Carbohydrates: 43.8g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 30.5mg
Keywords: Valentine's Day, Popcorn, Sweet Treat