The Ultimate Hummus and Veggie Sandwich piled high with veggies and sprout, loaded with creamy hummus, and held together with sturdy whole grain bread. Meatless sandwiches never looked so good!
- 4 pieces hearty whole grain sandwich bread
- Hummus (I like all things Sabra, chipotle, traditional, and roasted garlic are all great choices)
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 large ripe tomato slices
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all your ingredients. You can toast the bread if you like in a toaster or leave it untoasted.
- Add a thick layer of hummus to the inside all each piece of bread. On two pieces of bread add a thin layer of fresh spinach leaves. Top with grated carrot, then tomato slices, add some salt and pepper to the tomato slices, then add avocado, then red onion, then alfalfa sprouts.
- Add the second piece of bread, hummus side down. Slice in half and serve right away.
I loved Sabra Chipotle Hummus on this for a zippy little kick and my husband preferred the traditional hummus. I think just about any flavor of Sabra hummus would be delicious including the roasted garlic.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 22.1g
- Sodium: 368.8mg
- Fat: 19.8g
- Carbohydrates: 66.4g
- Protein: 19.2g
Keywords: hummus, sandwhich, vegetables, whole grain