Homemade Triple Chocolate Brownies made with bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and cocoa powder which make rich, fudgey brownies you’ll make again and again.
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarse
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped coarse
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and grease the foil and edges of the pan.
- In a microwave-safe dish (2-cup glass measuring cup works great for this), add your chocolates, cocoa, and butter.
- Microwave, stirring often, for 1 to 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt together.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in the flour until just incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes with just a few soft crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan; set on a wire rack.
- Remove the brownies from the pan, cut into squares, and enjoy.
- Use Dutch-process cocoa if you can. It makes the finished brownies nice and dark in color and gives them extra chocolate flavor (additional info on the difference below).
- I love a gooey, slightly under-baked brownie. Don’t under bake this recipe, though. The brownies will be very moist as the recipe it is. If you under bake, you’ll have raw brownie in the middle.
- Letting the brownies cool is the hardest part, but it makes all the difference when it comes time to cut them into squares.
- These brownies are very rich. Cutting the pan into 16 might seem like small portions, but a little goes a long way.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, cocoa, brownie, baking, America's Test Kitchen, easy brownie recipe, best brownie recipe, homemade brownies, how to make brownies