Tomato Basil Cheese Crackers made with whole wheat flour, cheddar cheese and spices.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar Cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly sprinkle a baking sheet with a little flour.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flours, shredded cheese, sugar, salt, and basil. Use two knives or a pastry blender to cut the cheese into the flour mixture until the pieces are no larger than a pea.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients and add the oil and water. Stir well until a stiff dough comes together. It's ok if it's a little dry but the it should still form a dough. If it's too dry try adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the dough comes together.
- Dived the dough into 2 pieces. Roll one piece at a time on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick. Use a pizza wheel to cut the dough into squares of you can use a little cookie cutter to cut it out into shapes. Place the crackers on the prepared sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Lightly brush the top of the crackers with water and sprinkle with just a bit of kosher salt.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until the edges start to brown slightly and the crackers are crisp. They will get crispier as they cool too. Some of your crackers might be done faster than others (depending on their thickness), so don't be afraid to take off the crackers as needed and to continue baking the rest until they are done.
- Cool completely and enjoy with more of that delicious Tomato Basil Cheddar in between.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-14 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12 Crackers
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 961.2mg
- Fat: 19.7g
- Carbohydrates: 48.7g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
Keywords: Snack, Cracker, Homemade, Whole Wheat, Cheese