The Ultimate Fajita Burger is the incredible combination of a Mexican fajita with the classic cheese burger! Filled with creamy cheese, sweet bell peppers, salsa, guacamole, and more, you won’t believe how tasty this burger recipe is!
For the burgers:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For fajita bell pepper topping:
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup salsa
For the sandwiches:
- 6 burger buns, toasted for bonus points
- sliced Cabot Chiptole Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- Guacamole (1 avocado smashed with a fork with garlic powder and salt added to taste)
- thick sliced garden tomatoes
- For the burgers:
- Mix all of the burger ingredients together in a medium bowl and press into 6 patties. Grill over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes on each side until the meat is cooked through and the center registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer. If you’d like the cheese melted, add it to the top of the burgers 1 minute before they are cooked through.
- For the fajita bell pepper topping:
- Saute the sliced peppers and onion in the salsa over medium heat until the peppers are cooked through and soft, about 6 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers put guacamole on the bun top and bottom like you would mayo, add the sliced tomato, burger, cheese if you didn’t melt it, and 1/6 of the pepper mixture. Top with the bun. Repeat with remaining ingredient. Enjoy while the peppers and burgers are hot.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fajita burger recipe, how to make a fajita burger, best fajita burger, homemade burger recipe, how to make the best hamburger, easy burger recipe, best grill recipes