Few things are more delicious in the summer than a perfectly grilled burger. My friends over at NoshOn.It are hosting a whole week of burger recipes from all of your favorite bloggers. #BurgerWeek is going to be epic! I was so excited when they asked me to participate.
I decided to put a fun Tex-Mex twist on a traditional burger because I love all things Mexican food. The Ultimate Fajita Burger is all the glory of a cheese burger with my favorite fajita elements. A little spice, some sweet bell peppers, and guacamole make for one killer burger. Everything is better with guacamole!
You can see the other blogger’s who are posting today at the bottom of the post, but be sure to check back because this is a whole week of fun. You can click on the burger badge and it will take you to a completed list of everyone who participates this week. That will be one amazing compilation in the end.
For the burgers:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For fajita bell pepper topping:
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup salsa
For the sandwiches:
- 6 burger buns, toasted for bonus points
- sliced Cabot Chiptole Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- Guacamole (1 avocado smashed with a fork with garlic powder and salt added to taste)
- thick sliced garden tomatoes
- For the burgers:
- Mix all of the burger ingredients together in a medium bowl and press into 6 patties. Grill over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes on each side until the meat is cooked through and the center registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer. If you’d like the cheese melted, add it to the top of the burgers 1 minute before they are cooked through.
- For the fajita bell pepper topping:
- Saute the sliced peppers and onion in the salsa over medium heat until the peppers are cooked through and soft, about 6 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers put guacamole on the bun top and bottom like you would mayo, add the sliced tomato, burger, cheese if you didn’t melt it, and 1/6 of the pepper mixture. Top with the bun. Repeat with remaining ingredient. Enjoy while the peppers and burgers are hot.
If you like a little spice try adding a chopped jalapeno to the pepper mixture before cooking it. Yum!
Here are the other posts that are up today!
Light Brioche Hamburger Buns (Whole Wheat) by The Clever Carrot
Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger by Sweet Basil
Bagel Burgers with Dill Pickle Cream Cheese by Foodie with Family
Campfire Breakfast Burgers by Jelly Toast
Salmon Burgers with quick pickled cucumber salad by Cafe Jonhsonia
French Onion Burger by Bakeaholic Momma
Reuben Burgers by All Day I Dream About Food
Chorizo Nacho Burger Sliders by Little Leopard Book
And just in case you needed more than great recipes there’s also a killer giveaway going on right now!
Do you want to become a grilling pro? Need a new grill? #BurgerWeek sponsor Broil King wants to give you the chance to win one of their high-performance gas grills (a $549+tax value) plus burger grilling accessories to use in your home!
Made entirely in North America, every one of Broil King’s gas grills are made of the highest-quality materials and engineering that allows you the versatility to sear the perfect burger or steak, roast chicken or vegetables, or even bake a dessert right on the grill. Their grills are already in more Canadian backyards than any other brand and they’re available in the U.S. at Lowe’s and many other retailers! To enter to win your own Broil King grill, just click on the banner below.