The original Toll House Cookie recipe from the back of the bag! This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe we grew up making; they are perfect!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (12 ounce package)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a second bowl add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes (you can beat them by hand, with an electric hand mixer, or with a stand mixer).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and beat to combine.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the morsels and the nuts.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto your baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minute or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 2 minutes after baking. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- If you are omitting the nuts add an additional 2 tablespoons of flour to the dough.
- I liked my cookies that were a little bigger than my normal cookie scoop (1 tablespoon), so I recommend making your cookie dough balls a heaping tablespoons and baking them for 11 minutes. They were perfect!
- Store leftover cookies in a closed container or in the freezer for much longer.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Toll House cookie recipe, Toll House chocolate chip cookies, recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag, original toll house cookie recipe, Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies