The best pecan pie recipe is made with a secret ingredient that you have in your kitchen right now -- browned butter! There's always room in the fridge for a fresh homemade pie with sweet pecan nuts!
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 2 cups pecans (plus extras to line the top, if desired)
- Prepare your pie crust, and pop it in the fridge until you are ready. Use a deep 9-inch pie plate so that it doesn't bubble over while cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt, and ground cinnamon, and whisk to combine well. Add the eggs, and whisk until well combined.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter, and then cook, stirring very often, until the butter starts to darken and smells fragrant, about 4 to 5 minutes (the butter will burn if you aren't careful, so keep an eye on it).
- Slowly pour the brown butter into the sugar mixture while whisking until well combined. Add the nuts (you can chop them up or not; I like mine chopped up a bit).
- Pour the pie filling into the prepared crust, and line with additional pecans if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50 to 60 minutes. The middle can jiggle just a bit, but should not be sloshy.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the pie to cool before cutting and serving.
- Best pecan pie recipe out there. Mark my words.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie recipe, how to make pecan pie, thanksgiving pie recipes, best pecan pie recipe, homemade pecan pie, easy pecan pie recipe, easy pie recipes