Learn how to make the best oven roasted spaghetti squash — it’s low maintenance and turns out tasty every single time!
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Give the squash a quick rinse.
- Cut the blossom end and stem end off of the squash.
- Cut the squash into rings that are 2 inches wide.
- Use a spoon to scrape out any seeds from the middle of the rings.
- Place the rings on the baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- If you have time, let the rings rest for 15 minutes (so that the salt will bring some of the water out of the squash — this helps but isn’t crucial.)
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 10 minutes (the foil helps to steam the squash).
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until the squash is very tender and pulls apart with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, shred, and serve as you like.
- Category: side
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spaghetti, spaghetti squash, side, low carb, vegetable side, side