Attract beautiful hummingbirds to your backyard or garden with this simple homemade hummingbird food recipe!
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 cups hot tap water
- Please do NOT use red dye
- Add all of your ingredients to a large bowl, and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Fill your humming bird feeder as directed on individual instructions.
- Store leftover sugar water in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- If there is noticeable signs of mold on your sugar water before 2 weeks, discard and make a fresh batch.
- Red dye is harmful to hummingbirds. Use a red feeder to attract them instead of dyeing their food.
- Don’t use raw or natural sugars — they contain too much iron that can hurt hummingbirds.
- Do not use honey or corn syrup.
- Category: hobby farm
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: hummingbird
Keywords: hummingbird food, humming birds, hummingbird food recipe