Attract beautiful hummingbirds to your backyard or garden with this simple homemade hummingbird food recipe!
- 4 cups very hot tap water
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- Boil your water on the stove for 1 minute.
- Remove the water from the stove and stir in the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to come to room temperature.
- Fill your humming bird feeder as directed on individual instructions.
- Store leftover sugar water in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- If there is noticeable signs of mold on your sugar water before 2 weeks, discard and make a fresh batch.
- Please do NOT use red dye. Red dye is harmful to hummingbirds. Use a red feeder to attract them instead of dyeing their food.
- Don’t use raw or natural sugars — they contain too much iron that can hurt hummingbirds.
- Do not use honey or corn syrup.
- Category: Hobby Farm
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Hummingbird
Keywords: hummingbird food, hummingbirds, hummingbird food recipe, attracting hummingbirds, hummingbird nectar,