These Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies are sweet, perfectly spiced, and made with easy to find ingredients! If you’re on a gluten free diet you can still enjoy classic gingerbread cookies at Christmas with this easy cookie recipe.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 cups gluten-free flour blend (such as Grandpa’s Kitchen or Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually. Beat until well combined and light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg, molasses, and vinegar.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together and then blend sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the dough into two even pieces, wrap each piece of dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30-90 minutes.
- When the dough is done chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Working in sections, roll the dough to 1/2″ thick on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Place shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Gather and re-roll “scraps” of dough as needed, using all of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, and then move to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Leave plain or decorate (here are 6 Simple Ways to Decorate Gingerbread Cookies if you are looking for some inspo).
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: christmas cookies, gingerbread cookies, gingerbread cookie recipe, gingerbread man cookies, how to make gingerbread cookies, easy gingerbread cookies, gluten free gingerbread cookies