The best banana bread best recipe made with butter and a secret ingredient, Greek yogurt! Sweet, moist, and perfect every time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch baking pan.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl combine the mashed bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir to combine the wet ingredients. Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combine. Don’t over mix. The batter should be thick and chunky.
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before serving.
FYI – I’ve made this multiple times with switching out the all-purpose flour for 100% whole wheat flour and the results have been great.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 19.4g
- Sodium: 226.8mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 55.5mg
Keywords: Banana Bread, Greek Yogurt, Snack, Breakfast, Sweet Bread