The best banana bread best recipe made with butter and a secret ingredient, Greek yogurt! Sweet, moist, and perfect every time.
- 3 very large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork or pastry blender.
- Stir in the the butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Don't over mix. The batter should be thick and a little chunky
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 1/2 before serving.
- This recipe is actually really flexible! You can use whole wheat flour instead of the white (or half and half), you can use sour cream instead of the yogurt, and I have even had great luck making "flax eggs" instead of using real eggs for this recipe (mix 1 tablespoon ground flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water PER egg you need, stir and let it rest for 5 minutes before using). You can also sub oil for the butter. Use what you have on hand and what's easiest for you.
- You can also add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the batter or 1 cup of chocolate chips if you'd like.
- You can reduce the sugar in this recipe to 1/2 cup if you like a less sweet banana bread.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 19.4g
- Sodium: 226.8mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 55.5mg
Keywords: how to make banana bread, easy banana bread recipe, banana bread, banana bread recipe, one bowl banana bread, the best banana bread