Fresh and crunchy with an addicting dressing, this Thai chopped salad with the best peanut dressing is everything you could want and beyond in a salad.
For the salad:
- 1 package angel hair chopped cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2–3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanuts or cashews
- Chopped cilantro or cucumber, optional
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from one lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional if you like a little heat
- Add all of the ingredients for the salad to a bowl, and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, toss everything in the blender (peanut butter through crushed red pepper), and blend until smooth. If it is really thick, you can add a little water to get the consistency that you like. This recipe also doubles well.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side so that you can add as much or as little as you like.
- To make this a meal, you can add something like grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
- Store dressing and mixed salad separately in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I loved the super finely chopped cabbage in a bag. I don’t get the one with added things like carrots or red cabbage, just the “angel hair” that’s super chopped. You can also buy cabbage or Napa cabbage and finely chop it yourself.
- I LOVE to make this salad with everything BUT the nuts and keep it in the fridge (and keep the dressing separate). It lasts for SO long in the fridge, like 7 to 10 days. It’s a great thing to have on hand and fill in meals or make a lunch out of.
- The dressing is fabulous. It’s even great to dip veggies in.
- Category: side
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, thai salad, chopped salad