Small batch chocolate chip cookies where the recipe only make 6 cookies - for the times when you need a good cookie but don't need a whole batch![adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="o8v7QrR2" upload-date="2019-08-07T01:52:59.000Z" name="Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies" description="Small batch chocolate chip cookies where the recipe only make 6 cookies – for the times when you need a good cookie but don’t need a whole batch!" player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg, well beaten (beat an egg, then measure out 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- scant 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars using a fork. A 2-cup glass measuring cup is perfect for this.
- Break the egg in a small bowl and whisk it well with a fork. Measure out the needed amount of egg and add it to the butter mixture. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Then add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat. Plan on 6 to 8 cookies (I always end up with 7 when I use my cookie scoop).
- Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet and enjoy!
- If you like a more "cake-like" cookie, feel free to add an additional 1 tablespoon of egg (for 2 tablespoons total) and an additional 1 tablespoon of flour. This produces a fluffier cookie.
- You can increase the chocolate chips to 1/3 cup if you'd like.
- Use whatever chocolate chips you like.
- This recipe will work fine with margarine if that's what you have on hand.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate, cookies, butter, small batch, baking, small batch baking, baking for one, baking for two