The best and easiest summer dessert ever, strawberry rhubarb crisp comes together with simple, fresh ingredients and has all the bright and fruity flavors you’ll love!
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 pound strawberries, stem removed and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Crisp Topping:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8×8 or 9×9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch, and stir to combine.
- In a second medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, oats, and pecans. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla, and stir until no dry powder is left.
- Stir the rhubarb mixture again, and then place it in your baking dish.
- Place the crisp topping on top of the rhubarb in the dish.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until the crisp is lightly browned and the rhubarb is bubbling around the edges.
- Let the crisp cool for 5 minutes before serving hot with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- If the strawberries are very large, cut them a bit smaller than quarters. The goal is to have bite-sized pieces.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb crisp, strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe