The perfect Steakhouse Baked Potato that is crispy on the outside and extra fluffy in the middle, made with only 3 simple ingredients and done in less than an hour!
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a fork, poke the potatoes multiple times on all sides, place on the baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the outside of the potatoes with the melted butter until they are completely coated on all sides. Sprinkle the potatoes with a generous amount of kosher salt, then place the potatoes back on the baking sheet upside down so they cook evenly on both sides.
- Return potatoes to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Check for doneness by squeezing the potato with an oven mitt or paper towels. If the insides are nice and soft and give under pressure, remove the potatoes from the oven. Otherwise, continue cooking in 5-minute increments until the potatoes are done.
- Looking for a vegan option for this dish? Just sub olive oil for the butter.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy baked potato, steakhouse baked potato, steakhouse baked potato recipe, oven baked potato, baked potato recipe, easy baked potatos