Easy steak fajitas come together fast with simple, fresh ingredients, including onion, peppers, salsa, pre-grilled steaks, and smoky, savory seasonings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1-pound steak, grilled and sliced against the grain into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- For serving: 1 batch chunky fresh salsa, sour cream, lime wedges, tortillas
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion with the oil and salsa.
- After about 3 minutes, add the bell pepper, and cook until bell peppers are tender crisp and onions are soft. If the veggies start to stick the the pan before they are done, add a little more salsa.
- Add the cooked steak, and heat through.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and water to the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the water evaporates. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve over warm tortillas with fresh salsa, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
- I'll often cook steaks the night before, cooked extra for this meal, and just slice the meat when I'm ready to make the fajitas. It cuts down on the prep time for this meal a lot.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top, grill
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: fajita, mexican food, grilled steak