Summer is right around the corner, and this Spinach Bacon Pasta Salad is the freshest side for all the picnics, barbecues, and pool parties your heart desires.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mild onion (like a red or sweet onion), or to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces, and then place in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, until very crisp.
- While the pasta and bacon are cooking, make the dressing for the pasta salad.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mayo, garlic, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Whisk to combine well.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, and toss with the dressing. Add the cooked bacon, tomatoes, onion, and baby spinach, and toss to combine.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste, and serve right away.
- Salad can be chilled before serving if you’d like.
- If you’d like to make this ahead, cook the pasta. Make the dressing, and keep the dressing separate from the pasta and the other ingredients. Toss everything together right before serving.
- Category: side dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad, spinach, bacon recipe