- A single pie crust, unbaked
- 3-6 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, any colors
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cabot Cheese (see notes)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Optional hot sauce and/or sliced avocados for serving
- In a medium skillet cook the bacon until very crispy. When the bacon is done, place the bacon on a paper towel. Pour most of the grease out of the skillet, but leave about a tablespoon in the bottom. Return the pan to medium high heat and add the onions and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Using a 9-inch pie plate, roll out the pie crust dough and place it in the pan, crimp the edges. Crumble the bacon and put it in the bottom of the pie crust, add the shredded cheese, and then add the cooked vegetables.
- In a medium bowl whisk together to eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cumin. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell. Bake the quiche for 30 to 35 minutes until the center is set. Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with hot sauce and sliced avocado.
I tried this with both Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar as well as Cabot Alpine Cheddar, both were fabulous. You could also use Cabot Hot Habanero, Pepper Jack, or Smokey Bacon Cheddar. You can't really go wrong with Cabot cheese.
- Serving Size: Serves 6 to 8