South of the Boarder Avocado Toast combines my love for all things Tex-Mex with my adoration of avocado toast. You have yourself one flavorful breakfast packed with protein and healthy fat; it’ll keep you full all morning.
- 1 tablespoon salsa, I used PeakFection
- 1 large egg
- 1 piece of bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, I used PeakFection
- In a small cast iron skillet (4 or 5 inch) heat the salsa over medium high heat until it starts to steam. Add the egg to the pan and beat it with a fork until it is well combined with the salsa. Continue cooking until the egg is cooked through. Remover from the heat.
- Place the guacamole on the toast and spread it around. Add the cooked egg. Garnish with additional salsa or chopped fresh tomato if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy right away.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Sodium: 308.5mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
Keywords: Avocado Toast, Healthy Breakfast Options, Eggs, South of the Border