This simple sour cream cornbread recipe makes a slightly dense and moist cornbread with just the right amount of sweetness! This cornbread is not too crumbly and goes perfectly with a bowl of soup or chili.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven for 400 degrees F. and lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish or a 9-inch round pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the sour cream, egg, and melted butter.
- Slow mix the ingredients until everything comes together, taking care not to over mix.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cornbread is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving hot.
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cornbread recipe, sour cream cornbread, sweet cornbread recipe, baking with sour cream, best cornbread recipe