- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla and stir to combine well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Place your sprinkles in a shallow dish. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop or a melon baller, scoop 1 tablespoon round ball of cookie dough out. Roll it about a bit in the balms of your hands to make it round and then give it a little squish with your palms to make it just a little bit flat. Now when you look at your disk of dough you can see the future edges of your cookie. Hold the dough in the center of the disk and roll the edges around in the sprinkles.
- Set the sprinkle edged cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat and repeat with the rest of the dough and more sprinkles. when you have a full sheet of cookies use the bottom of a glass cup to slightly press your cookies down. This will remove any finger prints you made.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire wrack. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.