Happy Cookie Baking Season, friends! Today I'm sharing a recipe that is a fun new twist on the classic peanut butter blossoms. I made soft pumpkin cookies instead of a peanut butter, and used Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses instead of traditional chocolate kisses. The result is a pretty cookie that is soft and chewy, with just the right amount of sweet. These would be a great addition to your cookie plate this year!
Speaking of cookie plates, I've teamed up with a handful of my favorite blogging friends today to bring you a cookie exchange! You can see all of the recipes that the other ladies are posting today via the links at the bottom of the page. This list is sure to get you thinking!
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try these pumpkin cookies, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseat on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!Print
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pumpkin Spice Kisses
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla and stir to combine well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop or a melon baller, scoop a 1 tablespoon round ball of cookie dough out. Roll it about a bit in the balms of your hands to make it round and then give it a little squish with your palms to make it just a little bit flat.
- Set the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat and repeat with the rest of the dough. When you have a full sheet of cookies use the bottom of a glass cup to slightly press your cookies down. This will remove any finger prints you made.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire wrack. While the cookies are still warm but not hot press an unwrapped Hershey kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
If you can't find Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses you can use traditional, but the pumpkin spice ones are SO good!
Recipe adapted from The Six Sister’s Stuff.
All kinds of cookies!
Caramel Filled Chewy Ginger Cookies from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Italian Anisette Cookies from A Family Feast
Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies from Apron Strings
Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies from Barbara Bakes
Soft Maple Sugar Cookies from Crumbs and Chaos
Graham Cracker Log from Hoosier Homemade
Rugelach Bars from Let's Dish
Pepper Jelly Cornmeal Thumbprints from Letty's Kitchen
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from Love from the Oven
Linzer Cookies from Mandy's Recipe Box
Surprise-inside Christmas Stocking from Munchkin Munchies
Chocolate M&M Cookies from Oh, Sweet Basil
White Chocolate Pecan Snowball Cookies from Rose Bakes
Chocolate Toffee Cranberry Cookies from Taste and Tell
White Chocolate Cherry Almond Bars from Your Homebased Mom
Spiced Eggnog Cookies from Will Cook for Smiles
I know I'd be more than excited if any of these made their way into my kitchen. Those spiced eggnog cookies are calling my name! I hope this is just the start that you needed to have one amazing weekend! Thank you for being here.