Perfectly soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookies made with quick oats, peanut butter, brown sugar. Baked to cookie perfection.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (also called instant or minute oats)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer) beat together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes (using a hand mixer if you don’t have a stand mixer is a good option.)
- Add the two eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix to combine well.
- Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes and then stir again (this gives the oats time to absorb some of the moisture giving you the nice cookie dough texture).
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, place a large tablespoon of dough on the baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing from the sheet and placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy right away. Store extras in an air-tight container for up to a week or in the freezer for much longer.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter, oatmeal cookies, cookies, peanut butter oatmeal cookies, best peanut butter cookies