Step by step instructions on how to make hot chocolate bombs at home using simple ingredients. And here's a twist! These make S'mores hot chocolate!
- 2 cups chocolate candy melts
- 2 cups hot chocolate mix
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 crushed graham crackers
- Place chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 12 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the mold, pressing on one side of the chocolate to make the chocolate slid out of the mold.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 2 tablespoons hot chocolate mix, 1 tablespoon crushed graham cracker, and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb. If desired, pipe on more of the chocolate melts to help shore-up that seam.
- Using a piping bag or a fork, drizzle the remaining candy melts over the assembled hot cocoa bombs then immediately follow by adding 3-4 marshmallows on top and sprinkling additional crushed graham over them.
- If desired, using a small lighter, toast the marshmallows on top.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
- *You will also need bath bomb molds or cake pop molds and, if using bath bomb molds, I found it best to hold them steady in a cupcake tin. I used these!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make hot chocolate bombs, how to make hot cocoa bombs, what is a hot cocoa bomb, hot cocoa bomb, hot chocolate bomb