Small Batch Double Chocolate Brownies makes just enough for a romantic dessert for two. Rich, fudgy brownies for the win!
- 1/4 cup butter (4 tablespoons of 1/2 a stick), unsalted
- 1/4 cup good quality chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate both work)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir well until smoothed (about a minute).
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Add the egg and stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour and stir to combine well.
- Line a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Add the brownie batter and smooth out the top with a spoon.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe is great because you can make it all in one bowl. I used a glass 4-cup measuring cup to melt my chocolate and butter together and then I just used it as my mixing bowl to finish up the recipe.
- The size of the pan will determine how thick the brownies are and that will alter the time they need to cook. I tested mine in a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan. If you don’t have that, you might need to play around with the baking time to make sure they are cooked through without being overdone.
- Use a good quality chocolate chip here since it plays such a big part in the flavor. You can use extra dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate chips depending on what you like.
- dutch-process cocoa powder is preferred for this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 366
- Sodium: 166.2mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Carbohydrates: 51.2g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
Keywords: Dessert, Chocolate, Brownies, Small Batch