The best creamy slow cooker white chicken chili on the block. This recipe is super easy to make, cooks by itself, and is a chili cook-off winner!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thighs work great)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can butter beans (14 ounce), drained and rinsed
- 2 cans great Northern beans (14 ounce), drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn (or 2 cups frozen), drained and rinsed
- 2 cans diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), at room temperature
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large slow cooker, place the chicken, diced onion, beans, corn, green chilis, seasonings, and chicken broth. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until the chicken is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- When the chicken is cooked through and tender, remove it from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1 inch cubes and add them to the slow cooker. Stir to combine until the cream cheese melts.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste, adding more salt, pepper, and cumin as needed.
- Serve warm right away and store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can add a half cup of chopped cilantro when you add the cream cheese if you’d like – it’s great in it.
- We LOVE butter beans (they are super big and creamy), but if you can’t find them, just add another can of great northern beans.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chicken chili recipe, best white chicken chili recipe, white chicken chili recipe for crock pot, white chicken chili recipe crock pot, easy chili recipe, easy chili recipe crock pot