Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup is easy to make and loaded with all your favorite vegetables. This delicious and healthy soup is a hit with the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–2 pounds stew beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3–4 cups new potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 3–4 carrots, sliced
- 6 ears of sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 4 cups whole tomatoes in their own juice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add your stew meat and sear well on all sides. Place the seared stew meat pieces in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Return the cast iron skillet to the stove over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onions start to soften. Add the garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the garlic and onion to the slow cooker.
- Add any and all vegetables that you plan on using to the slow cooker. Make sure they are washed and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- When adding the tomatoes in their own juice, crush them in your hand to break them into smaller pieces as you pour them in or give them a light chop before adding.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add the salt, pepper, and bay leaves, and stir the contents of your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5. Your soup is ready when your potatoes and carrots are tender. Remove bay leaves, stir in parsley, adjust salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
This is a vegetable mix and match, so use what you like and what you have. You can add just about anything you have in the quantities that you like. I also like to add yellow summer squash or zucchini, roughly chopped green cabbage, or even beets. Feel free to use frozen or canned vegetables as needed depending on season and availability.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetable beef soup, vegetable beef soup recipe, homemade vegetable beef soup, veggie beef soup, instant pot vegetable beef soup, easy vegetable beef soup