- 1.5-2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large bell pepper (any color will work)
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can of medium red enchilada sauce (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, (10 ounces)
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 packets of taco seasoning or 4 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Tortilla strips or crumbled chips
- Dice your onion and bell pepper.
- Heat a large skilled on the stovetop over medium to medium high heat. Add your bell pepper, onion and ground beef. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook till the beef is no longer pink and the onion and pepper are softened.
- Drain any grease once you are done cooking.
- In a slow cooker, place your beef, onions and peppers, and top with the corn, beans, enchilada sauce, and diced tomatoes. Sprinkle your taco seasoning in and then stir in your chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste, adding more salt and/or taco seasoning to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy with or without your favorite garnishes.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can cook this recipe on low for up to 6 hours if needed, but this recipe is great because it can be throw in the slow cooker while your heading out and be ready in just a few hours if needed.
- You can switch up the beans for whatever kind you like or have on hand.
- You can swap the beef out for ground turkey or chicken if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: main dish
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: taco soup recipe, how to make taco soup, slow cooker taco soup, crock pot taco soup, crock pot taco soup recipe, easy taco soup recipe