Cheesy, creamy, and packed with shell noodles, ground beef, lots of tomatoes, and all your favorite Tex-Mex toppings, one-pot Skillet Taco Pasta is as dreamy as it is filling and flavorful.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 of a large white onion, diced
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shell pasta (about 2.5 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 generous tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (such as cheddar or Colby)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh tomato, avocado, diced green onion, and black olives for serving
- In a large pot or skillet with a lid, add the ground beef and onion, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the uncooked pasta, water, diced tomatoes (with the juice), tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt to the pan, and stir to combine well.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer. When the mixture is simmering, reduce the heat to medium, and add the lid.
- Cook until the pasta is tender, about 12 minutes.
- When the pasta is tender, stir in sour cream and half of the cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Place the rest of the cheese on top of the pasta, and add the lid to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, add the chopped fresh tomato, avocado, green onions, and black olives and serve hot.
- We also like this with a little hot sauce and even shredded lettuce for serving.
- You can use just about any medium-sized pasta for this recipe.
- Feel free to sub ground turkey or chicken for the beef if you prefer.
- You can use 2 tablespoons of Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix in place of the spices to speed up the process if you like.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dinner, easy dinner, ground beef, taco, pasta, 30 minute meal