Shrimp fajitas are one of my favorite 20 minute meal ideas that the whole family loves. They come together fast and are full of vegetables!
- 1 pound raw frozen shrimp, thawed (deveined, peeled, tail-on)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1-2 tablespoons cumin
- salt and pepper
- juice of one lime
- Cooked fresh tortillas
- Grated cheese
- Your favorite salsa or pico de gallo
- Black beans
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter and garlic and stir until the butter is melted. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring often, until the shrimp turns pink, about 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and carefully wipe out the pan.
- Return the pan to medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the peppers and onions and cook until the peppers are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, remove the tails from the shrimp if they came with them on. Add the cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and the juice of one lime, stir to combine. Add the shrimp back to the pan, stir, cook until the shrimp are warmed again and then remove from the heat and serve right away. Serve on warm cooked fresh tortillas with cheese, salsa/pico, avocado and/or black beans.
Notes: If shrimp isn't your favorite, you can replace it with chicken or steak, just be sure to cook and season the meat properly. If you'd like to grill the shrimp on the grill instead of cooking it in the pan that would also be really delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 115.1mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 159.1mg
Keywords: Shrimp, Quick and Easy, Fajitas, Seafood