This simple Santa Fe Rice with Cilantro and Garlic is the perfect spring dish made with fresh garlic and herbs! You’ll love this flavorful rice recipe!
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 of lime or lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or herb of your choice)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cumin (if using cilantro, omit if using other herb)
- Combine the rice, broth, and slat in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to simmer and add the lime juice, butter, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Stir, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Toss everything in the rice cooker and let it cook until done.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cilantro rice, cilantro rice recipe, garlic rice, garlic rice recipe, best rice recipe, easy rice recipe, rice dish, side dish recipe, easy side dish, best side dish