These easy roasted beets are made with just beets, salt, and oil. It’s my go-to beet recipe that’s simple and never disappoints! If you’re searching for a healthy, simple vegetable side dish, these roasted beets are definitely contenders.
- 4 to 5 beets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the beets and use a vegetable scrubber to wash the outside. Remove the stem and root end with a sharp knife. Use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to peel the beets. Slice the beets into 1/4-inch thick rounds and place them in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sliced beets and then toss to combine. Place the sliced beets in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast in the hot oven until the beets are fork tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoy hot with additional salt to taste.
- Give the beets a good scrub (like you would a potato) to get any hidden dirt off. I have this little scrubber and we love it. Then use a sharp knife to cut off the tops and bottoms (stem and root ends) of your beets.
- Use a paring knife or a vegetable peeler to remove the skin from the outside of the beet. Both are good options.
- Cutting beets will stain your hands red and stain any curtains or clothes that might be nearby. Wear gloves if you don’t want red fingers and an apron to shield your clothes if needed.
- Did you know that beets are high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium? Now you do!
- When picking out beets at the store, choose ones that are firm to the touch and have nice perky greens on top instead of droopy, wilted greens and soft beet roots (the part we eat).
- Did you know that you can wash and eat the beet tops too? They are pretty strong as far as greens go, but are loaded with all kinds of vitamins and minerals. I use a little in my green smoothies or sauté them up with olive oil and salt. Small leaves are good raw in salads too.
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to cook beets, how to cook a beets, easy beets recipe, roasted beets, roasted beets recipe, how to make beets, easy beet recipe, Thanksgiving side dish ideas, recipe with beets