I’m here today with Rainbow Salad and Honey Mustard Dressing – a gorgeous, colorful, healthy salad recipe to get you out of your salad rut and to get you excited for dinner (or lunch!)
- 2 cups shredded romaine hearts
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 3 boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- One recipe honey mustard dressing (follows)
- Toss romaine and spinach together and then add them to a salad bowl. Add the other ingredients (I like to put them in lines because they are pretty, but you don’t have to).
- To make the Honey Mustard dressing: Whisk 2 tablespoons each of honey, Dijon mustard, and white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. So easy, super classic, I love honey mustard dressing on all the things.
- Toss the salad before serving with the dressing on the side.
Rotisserie chicken or chicken you have prepped ahead of time (my favorite ways to cook chicken breast are here) are great options for the chicken in this salad.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 153.5mg
- Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Cholesterol: 196.7mg
Keywords: rainbow salad recipe, how to make rainbow salad, honey mustard vinaigrette recipe, healthy salad recipe, easy salad recipe