Quick and easy recipe for maple roasted butternut squash cubes. A healthy side dish recipe cooked in the oven and perfect for busy weeknight dinners.[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="hEmMMmoZ" upload-date="2019-10-22T05:11:26.000Z" name="Maple Glazed, Roasted Butternut Squash" description="Wondering how to roast butternut squash in the oven? Try this quick and easy recipe for maple roasted butternut squash cubes – a perfect healthy side dish." player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 1/2 of a medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet or a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Cube your butternut squash if needed (removing the seeds and skin first).
- Place the squash in a medium bowl and add the olive oil, maple, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to evenly coat the squash.
- Add the squash to the prepared pan, spreading it out to make one even layer.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the squash is fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, adjust the salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
- This is a great candidate for pre-cut and peeled squash you can pick up at the grocery store if you are short on time.
- Feel free to add herbs or ground cinnamon if you like. I love a dash of cinnamon and a little extra sprinkle of coarse salt on this dish. I also love a pinch of dried sage (sometimes called rubbed sage) and a dash of garlic salt for a more savory flavor.
- When buying butternut squash, be sure to get one that is firm and blemish-free (no nicks or bruises). It’ll store a few weeks (even months) so feel free to stock up when they go on sale.
- You can also prep the squash like this ahead of time, chill it, and serve it cold in salads.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted butternut squash recipe, how to roast squash, easy side dish recipe, easy dinner sides