The yummiest easy shrimp sushi recipe is such a stellar meal for a fancy at-home dinner that isn't complicated to make but is satisfying in every way!
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 8 raw large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 5 sheets roasted seaweed papers
- Soy sauce and wasabi for dipping
- Place uncooked rice and 2 cups of water in rice cooker to cook. Sushi rice is a short grain, very sticky rice. (Or follow package instructions to cook on the stove.)
- While rice is cooking, place the butter and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat. Add the shrimp when the garlic starts to smell.
- Cook the shrimp until they are pink. Remove from heat and cut all of the shrimp into small pieces.
- When the rice is done cooking, add the rice vinegar to it and stir to combine.
- Place a seaweed sheet on you working area, spread 1/5 the rice on the sheet, add shrimp, avocado, and cucumber in a row along the bottom third of seaweed.
- Roll everything up and cut into bit size pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
- This recipes is also great when you mix a little mayo and sriracha together and drizzle a bit inside the roll to make it spicy.
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American, Asian
Keywords: sushi recipe, shrimp sushi, sushi at home, easy sushi recipe