This quick and Easy Salsa Verde Recipe is made with oven roasted tomatillos, peppers, onions and garlic. It’s all blended to salsa perfection with a mix of herbs, spices and lime juice!
- 2 pound tomatillos
- 1 medium to large white or yellow onion
- 2–3 poblano peppers
- 1–2 jalapeno peppers
- 4–8 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of one lime
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and rinse them lightly to remove the sticky residue.
- Cut the root end and top from the onion, peel, and quarter
- Cut the peppers in half and remove seeds as you see fit (the more seeds and white pith you leave inside, the hotter the salsa will be.
- Add the tomatillos, onion, Anaheim peppers, jalapeños, and garlic to a large rimmed baking sheet. You can line it with parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the veggies soften and start to char.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. If the poblano peppers skin is bubbled and blistered, feel free to remove any skin that will come off easily. Don’t worry about any that is still stuck on the pepper.
- Place all of the roasted vegetables in a food processor or blender, working in batches as needed, and blend until lightly chunky. Add the cilantro and blend until well incorporated.
- Add the salt, sugar, cumin, and lime juice and process just until combined.
- Take a taste on a tortilla chip and adjust the salt, sugar, and cumin to your liking, stirring well if you make any changes.
- Enjoy right away. Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- This recipe freezes great. Store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: salsa verde recipe, easy salsa recipe, best salsa recipe, best salsa recipe canning, best homemade salsa, easy homemade salsa, how to make homemade salsa, how to make salsa, how to make salsa verde