Full of healthy fiber, fat, and some carbs, this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect dip. Try it with your favorite veggies or pita chips!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is my snack right now. I love the sweetness of the peppers with all that creamy savory hummus goodness. It's fabulous with fresh veggies, but let's be honest, I love it best with homemade pita chips or even just tortilla chips. I've even been using it as a mayo of sorts in my sandwiches.
I would spend tons of money on hummus every month if our grocery store carried it. I love it! Sabra's Roasted Pine Nut is my all-time favorite and I just tried the hummus quartet from Trader Joe's and it was great too. But because our little store doesn't carry hummus and my budget doesn't include a hummus category of its own, I've gotten pretty good at making my own. It's cheaper and just as tasty. Plus, you have the option to customize it! I like my hummus fairly spicy, heavy on the lemon, and light on the parsley. I can make it to taste and so can you! Really, it's such a fun dip to play with.
The red peppers make this roasted red pepper hummus beautiful and give it just the right amount of sweet. This is my kids favorite hummus too because it's light on garlic while still being really flavorful. Healthy fiber, fat, and some carbs... it's the perfect dip if you ask me.
I bought this KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor a few years ago when it was on sale (and it is today!) and I use it all the time. It is HUGE! I make big batches of my blender salsa in it and it can even make pizza dough and dough for shortbread cookies. I love it and it was well worth the investment. I also like the grating feature. I use it a lot when it's canning season and I'm making salsa, kraut, and my sweet and spicy relish. I highly recommend a big ol' food processor if you are going to get one. Bigger is better when it comes to food processors, if you ask me.
How do you make hummus thicker?
If you want a thicker texture, throw in extra Tahini and Water in small amounts until you get the desired consistency.
How long does homemade hummus last?
Homemade hummus typically stays good for 3-5 days once it has been opened. Store bought can last up til 7 days after opened.
How do you fix hummus that is too thick?
If your hummus is too thick, just add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture is just how you want it.
What do you eat with hummus?
Basically anything that can be dipped is a great choice. I like to use veggies or pita chips to dip.
Full of healthy fiber, fat, and some carbs, this roasted red pepper hummus is the perfect dip. Try it with your favorite veggies or pita chips!
- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans (15 ounce)
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained (12 ounce jar)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- lemon juice from ½ a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 small clove fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼-½ c. olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor add all of the ingredients chick peas through garlic. Process until pretty smooth, about a minute. With the food processor running drizzle in the olive oil until the texture of the hummus is smooth and creamy. The amount of olive oil you use will be determined by your desired end texture. I like my hummus pretty smooth and use the full ½ cup most of the time. Continue to let the food processor run for about a minute to whip and cream the hummus well.
- Serve right away and store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 233mg
- Fat: 11.6g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Protein: 6.8g
Keywords: Snack, Hummus, Healthy Snack, Chickpeas
Healthy snacks you might enjoy:
- 10 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in Advance
- Lebanese Baba Ganoush
- Healthy Honey Coconut Granola Recipe
- Healthy Cherry Energy Balls (Homemade Cherry Pie Larabars)
- Healthy Black Bean Dip
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks
- Healthy Homemade Snack Bars Recipe
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Easy & Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Crunchy Oat and Honey Granola Bars
- Extra Protein Oatmeal Bites
- Clean and Healthy Tropical Smoothie
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Enjoy this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus full of fiber, fat, and some carbs.