Quick and easy roasted chickpea and vegetable 1uinoa bowl is gluten free, meatless and full of vegetables.
- 1 can chickpeas (garbonzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped carrots, peeled and cut on the bias
- 1 cup chopped beets, peeled
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Cooked quinoa
- Fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chickpeas and the vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Roast in a hot oven until the beets and sweet potatoes are fork tender (about 20 minutes).
- Serve the roasted vegetables and chickpeas over hot cooked quinoa. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste and add plenty of fresh lemon juice before serving. It’s also delicious with a little hot sauce.
- I didn’t love quinoa until I started buying the prewashed kind and then cooked it in chicken stock. It tastes a million times better when those two things happen.
- Feel free to make a bunch and divide it out for multiple lunches that week. It reheats very well!
- Don’t be shy with the lemon juice and salt and pepper, they are your only seasonings so you need to have enough of them.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 387.4mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 87.9g
- Protein: 25.3g
Keywords: Chickpeas, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegetables