Simple Oven Roasted Chicken Drumsticks made with butter, garlic, herbs, and more. This simple dish will be on the table in 40 minutes or less!
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 head of garlic, sliced in half + 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash together the softened butter, minced garlic, lemon zest, and rosemary.
- Pat dry the drumsticks, then rub half of the butter mixture under the skin of each drumstick and the remaining butter mixture over the top of the skin. Season generously with salt and pepper. Line the drumsticks on the lined baking sheet, leaving a couple inches between drumstick. Lay the lemon slices throughout the baking sheet, followed by the onion, then the halved garlic head.
- Carefully add the chicken broth to the bottom of the pan and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the drumstick registers 165 degrees and juices are running clear. Serve immediately.