You’ll love how easy it is to make baked chicken thighs for dinner. Loaded with potatoes, carrots, and onion too, it’s a full meal on one pan.
- 4–6 large carrots
- 6 medium potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 1/2 of 1 medium white or yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on, about 1.5 pounds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare the carrots by peeling them and cutting them each into 3-4 large pieces.
- Prepare the potatoes by scrubbing them clean and cutting them into chubby 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare the onion by cutting it into large 1 inch pieces.
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss them to combine. Spread them into an even layer.
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the vegetables on the tray with about 1/3 of the salt mixture.
- Rub the remaining salt mixture all over the chicken thighs
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the pan and bake for another 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink and when an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees in the thickest piece of chicken.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving hot.
- You can peel the potatoes if you like, I just don’t think it’s necessary. If that’s your preferred way to eat a potato, feel free to peel them.
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken thighs, roasted chicken thighs, chicken and potatoes recipe, chicken sheet pan dinner