A quick and easy recipe on how to make roasted carrots in the oven – made only with carrots, oil, and a little seasoning. Roasting at a high temperature makes them amazing.
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil, such as canola, olive oil, avocado oil
- scant 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub your carrots clean. Peel if desired.
- Cut the carrots into uniform sizes. I like to cut mine into 4 inch long pieces and then cut any of the thickest pieces in half along the length of the carrot.
- Add the carrots to a medium mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the oil and then sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Place the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the carrots for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes check on your carrots. If they are cooking too fast on the bottom, stir them on the pan before you continue baking. If they aren’t getting to dark on the bottom, no need to stir.
- Continue baking for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Carrots can vary a lot in size, so again, the goal is to cut them so that they are about the same thickness and length so that they cook evenly.
- If you like a bit of char on your carrots, don’t line your pan with anything. If you prefer less of a crispy carrot you can line your pan with parchment, foil, or a baking mat and that will help them not get as dark.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted carrots, oven roasted carrots, how to roast carrots, how to cook carrots in oven, oven baked carrots