Homemade rhubarb crisp with oatmeal topping. Baked to perfection, this is one of my favorite rhubarb recipes! It’s perfect with ice cream on top.
For the Fruit:
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Crisp Topping:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish or individual ramekins (4 to 6 of them, depending on how big of a serving you want in each) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped rhubarb, sugar, and cornstarch, and stir to combine.
- In a second medium bowl, combine the sugars, flour, oats, and pecans. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Add the vanilla and melted butter, and stir until no dry powder is left.
- Stir the rhubarb and sugar again and then place it in your baking dish, or divide it evenly among the ramekins. Place the crisp topping on top of the rhubarb in the dish. If you used ramekins, place them on a baking sheet and then transfer them to the hot oven, or put the baking dish straight into the oven. Cook for 18 to 24 minutes, until the crisp is lightly browned and the rhubarb is bubbling around the edges.
- Let the crisp cool for 5 minutes before serving hot with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- This crisp is best enjoyed the same day.
- You can use red or green rhubarb for this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rhubarb, rhubarb recipes, rhubarb crisp, rhubarb crisp recipe