Quick Fettuccini Alfredo
on May 06, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Quick Alfredo made with cream cheese is one of my favorite 15 minute meals. It is so easy to make, comes together fast, and turns out every time.
This Alfredo recipe is one that everyone raves about. It is quick to make because you use cream cheese in the recipe. The cream cheese is a rich, creamy, and flavorful addition to Alfredo sauce. It is one of my best quick and easy weeknight meals.
Easy Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is a simple white sauce traditionally served over pasta or chicken. It is really easy to make at home and is the most comforting meal.
There is nothing that compares to a homemade batch of Alfredo sauce. The Alfredo sauce sold in the stores just doesn’t hold a candle to making it at home. Once you try this simple recipe- you will never turn back to jarred Alfredo from the store again!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Alfredo sauce is so good on a lot of different things. Fettuccine Alfredo is a popular dish. You can add chicken, shrimp, or any protein you have on hand to the pasta as well. You can use Alfredo sauce on pizza, in dips for breadsticks, or in white sauce baked pasta dishes. A million possibilities out there.
Adding cream cheese to the Alfredo sauce is almost like cheating. It is easy and makes the sauce so creamy without any effort. Quick, easy, and tasty- no brainer!
No one wants runny Alfredo sauce right?! The trick to thickening up your Alfredo is letting it simmer in the pan and whisk often. The Alfredo sauce will thicken as it cooks. If you need a little more help, simply add 1-2 tablespoons of flour and whisk away.
What to serve with alfredo pasta:
- My Favorite Go-To Sourdough Bread Recipe crusty bread is always a win!
- Mom’s Easy French Bread Recipe super easy if you haven’t gotten into sourdough
- Make a homemade salad dressing (here’s 9 easy recipes) to go with a simple green salad
- Simple Asparagus on the Stovetop always a quick and easy side
If you’ve tried this easy alfredo sauce recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation!
Quick Fettuccini Alfredo
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic,, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese,, at room temperature, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese,, grated, about 4 ounces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt and pepper,, to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- In a large skillet or high-sided saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- While the butter is melting and while you are making the sauce, prepare the fettuccine according to package directions.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the milk and cream.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture starts to simmer. When it’s simmering, add the cream cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese is fully incorporated into the sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Paremesan, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat, and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over drained hot cooked pasta.
- Any kind of milk will do. I use whole milk normally.
- This is a nice thick alfredo. If you’d like it a little thinner, add a few additional tablespoons of milk before serving.
- You can sub the milk and cream for 3 to 3.5 cups of half and half.
- If you forgot to get your cream cheese out to soften, no worries. It’ll just take an extra 5 minutes or so to cook. The mixture will look lumpy/grainy at first but if you keep cooking it, whisking constantly, the lumps will melt out.
15 minute Quick Alfredo is a something your family is going to devour! It is creamy, delicious, and easy to boot. I can’t wait for you to whip up this easy sauce and pour it over some yummy pasta.