Quick Alfredo made with cream cheese is one of my favorite 15 minute meals. It is so easy to make, comes together fast, and turns out every time.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, about 4 ounces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- In a large skillet or high-sided saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- While the butter is melting and while you are making the sauce, prepare the fettuccine according to package directions.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the milk and cream.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture starts to simmer. When it’s simmering, add the cream cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese is fully incorporated into the sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Paremesan, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat, and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over drained hot cooked pasta.
- Any kind of milk will do. I use whole milk normally.
- This is a nice thick alfredo. If you’d like it a little thinner, add a few additional tablespoons of milk before serving.
- You can sub the milk and cream for 3 to 3.5 cups of half and half.
- If you forgot to get your cream cheese out to soften, no worries. It’ll just take an extra 5 minutes or so to cook. The mixture will look lumpy/grainy at first but if you keep cooking it, whisking constantly, the lumps will melt out.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make alfredo, easy alfredo recipe, alfredo sauce, alfredo sauce recipe, easy alfredo sauce recipe, quick alfredo recipe quick alfredo sauce recipe