Tortellini soup with spinach is a quick, simple, healthy dinner idea that the whole family will love and it is done in about 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, with juice (15 ounce cans)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 package frozen or fresh cheese tortellini (about 19 ounces)
- 3-6 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, cook the onion in the olive oil, over medium high heat, until the onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, spices, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add your tortellini and spinach and cook until the tortellini is cooked through and the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot right away.
- Adjust the spices to your liking and feel free to use fresh spices if they are in season and available to you.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 17.1g
- Sodium: 1508mg
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 63.6g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Cholesterol: 38.8mg
Keywords: tomato tortellini soup, healthy tortellini soup, vegetarian tortellini soup. tortellini soup with spinach, how to make tortellini soup