Today I’m sharing one of our all time favorite dressing/sauces and I can’t wait for you to taste it. You can really put it on everything, so I dubbed it the Put-it-on-All the Things Cilantro Ranch Dressing and Sauce. Clever, huh? I’ll make a double batch of this stuff and we go through it fast. Here’s some of the things that we’ll put it on. I’ll replace the enchilada sauce in a recipe with it and bake it right on top of the enchiladas or we’ll make smothered burritos in a similar way. It’s excellent as a salad dressing and I love it in place of the BBQ ranch dressing on this chicken salad. It’s also super on rice and burritos bowls, or even as a spread on paninis and burgers. Really, you may find yourself wanting to just drink it with a straw; it’s great.
The best part? It’s super easy. Throw everything in a blender and let it rip. You’re done. I love that it uses salsa verde too. I used to have a recipe that called for whole tomatillas but I have a really hard time finding them now, so canned green salsa is a great solution.
If you try this cilantro ranch dressing, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseat on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!
- 1 cup bottled salsa verde
- 1 (0.4 oz) packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix (or the homemade equivalent)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, about a clove
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- Few shakes of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the jar of your blender and blend until smooth. Store in a covered air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week (a mason jar works great for this!). Enjoy on everything.
For this recipe, I recommend:
Skip eating out this weekend and make a Mexican feast of your own. Thanks for stopping in friends. I’m so glad you stick around.